Monday, November 1, 2010

More Learning from Emerald City Writers Conference

I attended a lot of workshop, but what resonated with me the most were workshops on social networking, promotion and writing back cover copy.

I'm fairly new to social networking, so this workshop helped me understand what's out there and what to try. To top it off I was able to meet the wonderful Barbara Vey, from PW's Beyond Her Book blog.

Deborah Schneider is not only a writer, but a librarian, who helps romance writers every way she can, she gave a good presentation on promotion. Now I have a better idea of what I need to do.

I learned about Copy Right Basics from Teresa Bodwell, then there was Writing Killer Back Copy by Theresa Meyers.

The last workshop I attended was – Fling Factor Making Law Enforcement Characters Real by Margaret Taylor. This was a great workshop, I'd met Margaret on Friday but didn't realize it was her workshop. Margaret gave a great presentation about law enforcement (the best one I've been to in years), and because she showed us several weapons it helped me understand them better than before. Not only is Margaret a retired law enforcement, but she's a writer and a great person. I had a lot of fun with her.

Now I have to start applying what I've learned to my writing and other aspects of being a published writer.

No comments: