Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's Guest: Emma Lai


Today I welcome author Emma Lai who will talk about herself and her current release. Plus she has a prize for one lucky commenter.



Today I welcome author Emma Lai who will talk about herself and her current release. Plus she has a prize for one lucky commenter.

Welcome Emma, tell us a little about yourself.

I am the mother of an active toddler (19 months), who keeps me on my feet 16 hours a day. When I manage to find time, I write. While I write romances predominantly I also dabble in science-fiction, fantasy, horror and young adult.

What do like the most and the least about writing?

Mostly I like putting stories out that will help others in some way, whether by allowing them to escape for a few minutes or hours or by explaining the world in new ways.

Least is a tie between edits and promotion. Edits because who really likes to see their work picked at in minute detail. Promotion because of the time it takes away from writing--though I do love chatting with readers and other authors. Often times it’s my only contact with other adults.

Give us a peek into your latest published work?


After several disastrous engagements, Lady Minerva Peters is an expert at suppressing her own needs. Only in the darkness of night does she give in to her wanton desires with a fantasy lover.


In the middle of a crowded ballroom, she learns her father is not yet ready to let her fade into spinsterhood. Humiliated, she ducks into a dark alcove only to find out she's not alone. Her hiding spot is occupied by a captivating stranger. Before she can escape, the two become voyeurs to another couple’s sexual rendezvous. The atmosphere heats up and so does her body, especially with the tempting offers whispered in her ear.

Will Minerva deny her needs once again or will she embrace the anonymity of their seclusion and finally
explore her basic impulses and the startling attraction to the compelling mystery man?

What’s next on the writing horizon for you?

I’m polishing a contemporary erotic. After that I’m not sure. I have three other contemporary erotics near completion. No pun intended. However, I’ve been feeling the pull to write a horror. We’ll see when I actually get a moment to stare at a blank page.

Is there anything you want to tell readers?

Leave me a comment with your favorite plot to be entered for an electronic copy of Twice is Not Enough.

Here's an excerpt of Twice is Not Enough:

inspired by the Markhams’ passionate display. Through her skirts, she pressed her palm against the magic spot hidden between the outer lips of her core. A gush of moisture answered.

“Would you like some assistance?”

She jumped. How could she have forgotten the presence of her shadow? Anger at her forgetfulness and the slight humor in his voice swept away her embarrassment. She let her hand fall to her side, straightened her shoulders, and raised her chin.

She needed to remove the temptation facing her, but it wasn’t as if she could interrupt the Markhams now. She slid a step to the side in an effort to end her view of the amorous tryst, but the alcove wasn’t deep enough. If she could just take a few steps back…but no. The man behind her prevented it.

Two hands grasped her hips and hauled her against the hard body at her back. Shock held her immobile. How dare he manhandle me! Who does this stranger think he is?

A picture of her fantasy lover popped to mind. Would it be wrong to pretend her shadow was the object of her fantasies? Her traitorous body relaxed into the broad chest at her back. Heat pooled in her belly in response to the firm thighs and distinct bulge of an aroused male member nudging her bottom.

“I can help.” A hand journeyed upward, from her hip, to her arm, to her shoulder with only the lightest of contact, but yet even that slight touch sent tingles darting along her skin.

She tensed, but inside, her body pulsed at the promise in his voice. The suggestive words murmured in her ear had moisture dripping down her passage. Her thighs became slick with her need. If she took him up on his offer, she could discover for herself if reality surpassed fantasy.

A thumb massaged her collarbone, and fingers teased the tops of her breasts. “No one has to know. It’s just you and me.”


Thank you for being my guest today, Emma.


6 comments:

Jennifer Jakes said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Loved Twice Is Not Enough (so don't enter me in the drawing) and can't wait to read your next book:)

Lynn Chantale said...

Hmm, I think my favorite plot has to be the damsel in distress. Don't get me wrong I love a strong heroine who can fend for herself, but there's something about having the hero rush in and save the day.

Emma Lai said...

Hi Jennifer! We can form a mutual admiration group because I loved Rafe's Redemption! :) I'm anxiously awaiting responses for two submissions. I'll be sure and share news when I have it.

Emma Lai said...

Hi wlynnchantale! :) (I'm not sure how to address you, so if you have a preference, do share.) There is something about being rescued that gets the heart racing. Both Judith in His Hope, Her Salvation and Ellie in His Ship, Her Fantasy are rescued.

Isabel said...

Hi Emma, congrats on the release of your new book. :) What an enticing cover and excerpt!

Emma Lai said...

Thanks Isabel!