Monday, October 3, 2011

Ideas Come In Strange Ways

Funny how this year seems to be moving at warp speed.

While this year has been good to me with the release of two books:


I love these two books, so far they hold a special place in my heart. Roped & Ready was born in my head in December 2009, it was right after I'd turned in my first book In Plain Sight and had my release date.

The Wild Rose Press put out a call for a new series called Cowboy Kink. Since I had some time on my hands (for those who know me please don't laugh), I started thinking about writing a book for the series. But I wanted something different than a typical cowboy book.

I started thinking about a ranch for adults, a place where adults in a committed relationship can explore their kinky side without fear. So I shot an email off the the senior editor who was acquiring for the line with the idea asking her if she thought it would work. She told me to go for it.

After 6 months, I had a book that was ready for an editor to read it and off it went. And I started thinking about the next book I wanted to write. Imagine my surprise when just a short time later my editor emailed me telling me the wanted to buy it.

I was thrilled beyond believe, but the title had to change. My original title was Quick Silver Ranch. I'm not married to my titles, but I really liked this one, but after a brain storming session with my critique partners, we came up with several titles and I sent them to my editor.

Come back next week to find out how the Quick Silver Ranch series actually happened.


No comments: