Monday, September 9, 2013

Guest: Barbara Edwards

Today, my guest is fellow Wild Rose Press Author Barbara Edwards.

Welcome Barbara.

What can I tell you to snag your interest? 

I’m Barbara Edwards and I’m an author. Not a world shattering surprise since I have a new release, Journey of the Magi, available on kindle http://amzn.com/B00ES5DZEQ

The big difference is that it’s a sweet holiday romance and very different from my edgy, paranormal romances or historical romances.

Marie was nice and sent me some interesting questions.  Thanks, Marie,  for being my hostess today.

The thing I like least about writing is the amount of patience it takes to get a book published. Writing the basic book, editing, rewriting and then submitting can take up to a year. Then you wait for acceptance or rejection, or suggestions for changes to make it acceptable. The more edits from the editor. Sometimes this process takes another year. Then comes the big day! Boom! It’s over, someone likes it. Where’s the next book?

What do I like most about writing? When someone likes my work.

Here’s a bit about my Christmas story.




Blurb for Journey of the Magi:

Widow Noel Martin never breaks promises, and she promised her kids they’d have Christmas at her childhood home in Connecticut. But driving across country takes money. Noel is broke when a snowstorm blows them into a tiny Minnesota café owned by a man who can change her mind. She accepts his offer of a job. Despite her attraction to him, she makes it clear she is only temporary help.

Dan Longstreet isn’t adopting any more strays, but he needs a waitress. Dan works so hard to make his café a success, he doesn't have time for love. Though Noel’s slender blonde beauty stuns him and her two adorable children tug at his heart, he denies how they threaten to change his life.

When tragedy strikes, their new-found love is the first victim. Noel can't stay and Dan can't leave. Will their journey be the gift that reunites them? 

What’s next? I’d like to write another holiday romance, but already have the next book in my paranormal series, Ancient Dark, well underway. It’s about a man who’s bloodlines are werewolf but he never changed.

I set my series in New England since that’s where I was raised. The atmosphere can be spooky or full of eerie history, a nice bucket to dip ideas from. 

Here’s an excerpt from Journey of the Magi

“Is that job still open?”

“I need a waitress.” His rich voice woke tingles of awareness that she’d forgotten, or maybe never knew.

“Is that a yes or a no?” she asked impatiently. These unfamiliar feelings were scary and unwelcome. She was
too tired to be diplomatic and this job was too important.

“What are you going to do with them?” He jutted his chin toward her children.

“I, I d-d-don’t know,” Noel stammered before sheslumped onto the nearest stool. Leaning forward onto
her elbows, she looked at her clasped hands. “I didn’t plan that far.”

“Humph!”

Noel watched his long, strong fingers dexterously polish another glass. His wide palms held the heavy
restaurant-ware like fine china. He had nice hands, a gentle touch. Instinct murmured he’d be as careful with
a woman.

“I guess I should move on. I…”

“Could keep the kids next to the kitchen, there’s a place there. Then if they needed you, you’d be right
close.” His deep voice was like an angel’s song.

Journey of the Magi is available here: http://amzn.com/B00ES5DZEQ
Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.
Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A
Facebook like page

It was great having you here today, Barbara.


5 comments:

Barbara Edwards said...

Thanks, Marie. It's nice to be here.

Ashantay said...

Enjoyed your post and learning more about you. Best wishes!

Maggie Toussaint said...

Holiday books are always a fun read. I especially like the title of your book, which puts me right into holiday mode. Nothing like that feeling of going home for the holidays.

Wishing you all the best with this new release, Barbara!

Barbara Edwards said...

thanks Ashantay, Hope you like my book too.

Barbara Edwards said...

Thanks Maggie for dropping by. I love the Holiday season, too.