Monday, October 28, 2013

Writing is a Business

The next eight weeks, I'm going to discuss writing as a business.

I think it still amazes me on how many people don't think writing is a business.  I just want to shout "get with it people."

Of the past few months I've run into writers who are totally professional who think of writing as a business, then there is those who are at a mid-point, they think of writing as a business, but one they can do when they want, and lastly there are those who don't even think about it as a business.

If you want your writing to be taken seriously, then you have to take your writing seriously.

That means, being professional, listening and constantly learning about the business.

Writing is hard, many people think its easy, but it's not.  Writing romance is not easy, but the genre is the most put down poplar genre fiction.  I think it is because mainly women write romance (there are a few men), and other don't view writing romance as "legitimate" as writing other genre fiction.

It comes down to, writing is a business, you need to know how to run your business.

Next blog: Professional Writing Goals

Have a great week.

Marie

No comments: