Monday, February 9, 2015

Interesting Weekend Coming Up

This next weekend has three things coming up all together, Valentine's Day, President's day holiday and the 50 Shades of Grey movie.

I find it interesting that this film is coming out on a weekend that is such a big holiday weekend.  I know a lot of people who will be spending time with family or on a mini-holiday.

Some have speculated its coming out on this weekend because then there is no competition to take away from the opening weekend.  I can see that. 

I read the books and I'm not interested in seeing the movie - sorry to all the 50 shades fans out there, the actors in the movie just don't do it for me.

But the one thing I want people to understand, 50 Shades is not about BDSM.  I know there are those who will argue with me and that's fine, that's your opinion.  But from knowing several people in the lifestyle, 50 Shades is not even close.

Safe, Sane and Consensual is the key in BDSM and the lifestyle.  Also, there is no curing a person from the lifestyle.  Either you want to be in it or you don't. 

I've talked to people in the lifestyle and they are the nicest people.  They are willing to share and educate.

I don't plan on debating this or trying to change anyone's mind. 

All I want people to keep in mind is to be Safe, be Sane and always Consensual.



No comments: