Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sexy to the Rescue by Marie Tuhart #mysexysaturday

My Sexy Saturday time. I really hope you are enjoying this snippets.

This week's theme:  Sexy to the Rescue

This is 7 paragraphs from Bound & Teased. Up until this point my heroine, Katie, has been very reluctant to depend on the two men in her life, but after someone vandalizes her car she call Ry, her lover and the town sheriff. Who of course runs to her side to help.


          “Are you okay?” he asked, his gaze sweeping her from head to toe. She wore a pair of jeans and a cute white blouse. She looked okay, and his breath eased in his chest.

          “Yes.” She wiped her hands down the front of her jeans. “You didn’t have to rush over here. I didn’t call you as the sheriff.”

          Her words hit him in the gut, and he grinned. “I’m glad you called, period.” He strode up to her and drew her into his arms. “As long as you’re okay.”

          “I’m fine. It’s nothing, really.”  He leaned back and stared down at her.  “Oh, all right.” She put her hands on his shoulders and pushed. Ry released her. “Gran made me call. I didn’t think I needed to, but...” She gestured to the driveway.

          Ry’s gaze followed the movement, and he swore softly. Her red, older model car had four flat tires, and someone had scratched the hell out of the paint job with a key or a knife. “When did you notice this?”

          “I didn’t.” She folded her arms over her chest. “Gran saw it when she started weeding the garden.”

          Ry strolled over to her car. Damn it was a mess. Whoever did this had to have done it under the cover of darkness. “Miss Mazie’s car?”
         

Don't forget to check  out all the other my sexy bloggers this week.

1 comment:

Angelica Dawson said...

I'd be SO pissed off! Great tease.