Thursday, July 13, 2017

Guest Post: Sandra Masters - One Night with a Duke

Today I'm pleased to have Sandra Masters on my blog.  Welcome Sandra.

Tell Us A Little About Yourself
From a humble beginning in Newark, New Jersey, a short stay at a convent (what a hoot)  in Morristown, N.J. at the age of fourteen, Sandra Masters (that’s me) retired from a fantastic career for a play broadcasting company in Carlsbad, California.  I settled in the rural foothills of the Sierras of Yosemite National Park with my husband, Ron, and our dog, Sophie, trading in the Board Rooms of New York City for the Ballrooms of the Regency Era and never looked back.

I wrote my first book at the age of thirteen. Since then it’s been the journey of ten thousand miles with a few steps left to go. I happily left the corporate world behind decades later.
I used to read fairy tales, and now I write them and am an unapologetic story teller. Writing sexy, spicy, sensual Regency Romance fulfills my life. It escapes from the mundane.
Nothing I expected, but everything I desired. My business card lists my occupation as Living The Dream.
Fall in love with Romance all over again
with author Sandra Masters  (That’s Me)

What do you like the most and the least about writing?

Most: Freedom to write what I think with my belly on fire. Appreciation for my fans/readers/reviewers who say that my work spurs them to page turning.

Least: Self-editing and the waiting for final acceptance and a contract.

Give us a peek into your latest published work. 
ONE NIGHT WITH A DUKE, Book Five, The Duke Series – Spicy, Sensual, Seduction with Swagger.
 (Seven years in the making. These characters begged me to see the light of a publishing day. After cropping 55,000 words, June 21, 2017, was that day.)

When a spirited woman disrupts the world of a duke who follows the rules, sparks fly, passions ignite and planets collide.

Reclusive, cold as ice, the politically powerful Raven, Duke of Ravensmere, denies love after the tragic deaths of his duchess and baby. He is bound by his vow never to allow love to enter his heart again. Samantha Winston permits him to seek refuge in her carriage in a time of need, and what started as a kiss in the name of safety, becomes something more pleasurable and not so safe after all. In spite of every caution, his interest escalates into unexpected desire.

Samantha, a young widow with a secret, irreverent and high-spirited, has constructed impenetrable walls against all men. When she and Raven meet again, strong wills clash. Political intrigues and a dreaded nemesis place his life at risk, and Samantha finds herself in a dire predicament. All the while, passion soars. 

Can Samantha’s barriers fall with more kisses?

Can Raven be released from his deathbed vow? 

What’s next on the writing horizon for you?
THE BLUE-EYED, BLACK-HEARTED DUKE, Book Six, the Duke Series

This novel is a daring departure from my normal genre, fantasy romance with a strong supernatural theme and an element of humor. No vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc. Just sexy characters determined to challenge each other who fall in love, physically and every other way imaginable.

Blurb:
How do you tempt a sinner?—You offer him a saint.

Dark, dangerous, brooding and in his own eyes unredeemable, Radolf, Duke of Tremayne, doesn’t fear death but welcomes it. Guilt-ridden because of his sinful past, the tormented hero of the Waterloo wars, honor-bound, believes he is undeserving of any woman’s love and closely guards his black heart.

Powerfully drawn to him, Jaclyn Moray, his ward, cannot deny his allure and the sizzling attraction that grows. Lured by his seductive pull, there are danger and passion in his embrace.

Villainous Lord Halifax sets about disparaging the duke to Jaclyn with lies and half-truths. Will he get his just reward for such treachery?

Can Jaclyn help Radolf conquer the internal demon who threatens their future and recognize that a higher supernatural power destines their love?

Can Radolf surrender to the supernatural power that speaks through the stained glass portrait of his red-wolf persona and the mighty archangel to continue the dynastic Legend of the Red Wolf?


Is there anything you want to tell readers?
Writing a novel is not easy. To some people, it comes easy, and to others it takes years. If you find an author you admire whose work sets you on fire, and whom you can relate, let her/him know. A few words or many will inspire that author to continue stretching and reaching for the stars. If you have a criticism, be kind. You don’t know how many rewrites it took to produce the words, nor the guidelines of the publishing company.


If you believe you are meant to write a novel, then study the craft and work hard until you accomplish your goal. It doesn’t happen overnight. Rule #1. Never give up. Rule #2. Remember Rule #1.

EXCERPT FROM ONE NIGHT WITH A DUKE

     “I do hope that none of the rakish kind will offer for my basket. Men do feel widows are fair game. I’m not sure how I would handle such rakes. I have insufficient experience, but I suppose I will have to learn.”
     “My dear Samantha, do you expect me to believe that in these past three years, you haven’t encountered disreputable men?” He laughed, “I do believe you will have a sufficient amount of reputable young men who will bid on you and your picnic basket. After all, it’s for a good cause, isn’t it?  But I do hope you will keep your conversation light, or you will suffer the young man to have indigestion or apoplexy.
     Impishly, she said, “I deserved that. I like your sense of humor. It’s also good to hear you laugh. We do battle well.”  Perhaps he could be a man of consequence?
     “Indeed, but I warn you, I have not started my retaliation. When one acquires an enemy, I don ‘t believe in keeping him or her closer; however, I might make an exception for you.”
     “Oh, No, I’m not your enemy, Your Grace. Please don’t consider me as one.”
     “Perhaps if you try hard, you can change my mind,” a small grin curled his lips.
     “What would I have to do?” her large eyes implored.
     “I leave that to your resourcefulness…and mine…under a starlit night with nothing but our naked imaginations.”
     “Sweet heaven,” she muttered, cheeks turned crimson.

You can find out more about Sandra at: www.authorsandramasters.com

Buy links for One Night with a Duke:

http://amzn.to/2p0h4bu            Amazon US
http://amzn.to/2oUCF6D          Amazon UK
http://bit.ly/2qx0Dr0             The Wild Rose Press   




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Marie, for the interview. It's always nice when a fella Wild Press author makes the offer to promote my book. I've been a fan of romance for more years than I care to remember, so suffice to say, writing is more than a hobby or a career. It is indeed an obsession. Love to create my spicy hot characters and bring them to publishing life.
I'll be popping in and out of this blog today. Have to visit the therapist (not mental) to exercise my broken right arm. It's been such a challenge to release a book on June 21st after surgery on May 19th. So do appreciate your helping me here on you blog to talk about Raven and Samantha.
I'll be sure to answer each comment.

Unknown said...

I'm back.....