Thursday, April 9, 2020

Guest Post: Rock House Grill by D.V. Stone

Today my guest is D.V. Stone talking about her new release: Rock House Grill




Tell us a little about yourself. 

Hi, my name is D. V. Stone. I’m a multi-genre author and blogger. I also work full-time in a medical office but have a retirement countdown app in my phone. Camping in my RV is one of my favorite things to do. My husband, Pete, dog Hali, and I have had, and look forward to many adventures.

I went to twelve different schools and graduated high school in an alternative education program. From living on a dairy farm in Minnesota, I can milk a cow or a goat. Delivered calves and lost a boot in a pile of manure. 

Through my life I’ve had a wide and varied career path ranging from waiting tables, hotel maid, dump-truck driver, Emergency Medical Technician, manager in an animal emergency hospital, restaurant, and coffee shop owner. I even worked in a State Prison for many years.
Sounds like I’m pretty old, and sometime feel it but I’m not your average grandma.


What do like the most and the least about writing?

I love discovering new characters and naming them. I particularly love how they reveal themselves as the writing process moves forward.

Least? I think I’m in a big company when I say marketing. Figuring out how to get my books in front of readers.

Blurb: 

Rock House Grill

One man’s choices—One woman’s impact

Aden House, successful but driven chef and TV personality, refuses to slow down. His life implodes one night, damaging him both physically and emotionally. He's rescued by a woman he thinks of as his angel.

Shay McDowell has rebuilt her life after her divorce. She juggles volunteer EMT duties and her job, while dreaming of becoming a chef. She finds her way to Rock House Grill and back into the life of the man she helped save.

Can love be the ingredient needed to survive the many obstacles they face?

What’s next on the writing horizon for you? 

There are several things in my to-do pile. Jazz House, the second Impact book is moving along nicely. I have a second fantasy-romance also in the works. Hopefully, when I retire, things will ease up and I can work faster.

Is there anything you want to tell readers?

All my books are about hope. I’m going to let a minor character named John from Rock House Grill give you a line which I try to live by…

“Circumstances change us. We can curse them and let them control us. Or, we allow whatever happens to make us better.”

Except: 

“Easy, you’re going to be okay.” A soft voice eased through the chaos around him. The owner of the voice grabbed his arms and held them in a firm but gentle grip. “I’m right here with you. You are not alone.” 

“Can hardly m-move.” His voice slurred. “C-can’t see anything.” 

“You’ve been in an accident. I’m an EMT with the ambulance squad,” the velvety voice calmly explained. “You can’t see well because we’re under a tarp. Hold still, okay?” 

“‘K.” A small light flickered at the edge of his vision. It shone into a bag next to him. Penlight. 

“You’re restrained to a board. It’s to keep your head from moving and causing more injury.” She continued to talk to him. The voice reached down somewhere inside him, calming and peaceful, so he focused on it. A glow from spotlights on the outside lit whatever covered them. The shadow gave the woman the appearance of a halo—like an angel.

Buy Links:
Amazon           Barnes & Noble

Social media links:
Website           Facebook         Twitter                        Instagram
Pinterest          Bookbub         Goodreads       Newsletter






No comments: