Monday, November 23, 2009

Almost there

I finally found a new critique group; I'd been without one for over six years. While I had a writing friend who would read my work and critique it for me. She lived in another city, was working full time and writing, and I felt like I imposing on her writing time.

The first critique meeting was more of a getting to know you meeting. We all talked about what we wrote, where we were in our writing careers and where we wanted to go with our writing careers. We also made some rules for our group.

I asked my group if they would read the full manuscript I'd just finished, I really needed input. The first chapter had been put into a few contests, but because it was targeted for Harlequin I needed people who understood Harlequin and alpha heroes.

They read the novel, gave me their input. I was revising that manuscript, when I realized I really needed to be doing more in my career. Writing and submitting one book a year wasn't going to cut it. If I wanted to write for Harlequin and write my erotic romance I really needed to figure it all out.

I sat down at the computer knowing I had an erotic romance novella ready to go and started researching e-publishers.

I liked what I saw at The Wild Rose Press website, their submission policy was straight forward and the novella I had was perfect.

The next day I sent off a query and synopsis.

Continuing the journey next Monday

No comments: