Monday, December 7, 2009

The Call or Should I say E-mail

On Friday August 28th, I started reading my e-mail as I normally do, around 5:30 a.m.. That was when I saw the email from the editor at The Wild Rose Press. I opened every email in my in-box except that one. And I finally told myself to stop being a chicken and open the e-mail, if she's passed on the novella then so be it.

I think I read the opening paragraph five times before my brain believed what it said. She wanted to buy my book. I wanted to jump up and down, scream and yell. But I couldn't I was at work and no one knew I was also a writer.

I read the editors entire e-mail, she asked for some revisions and wanted to go to contract if I was willing to do the revisions. I emailed the editor back and told her yes, I would do the revisions and I was happy to become one of The Wild Rose Press authors.

Then I shot off emails to my critique group to let them know I'd sold a book. I had to wait until after 7:30 a.m. to tell my mother, and I called my sister at work and told her I'd sold a book.

It was such a good feeling to tell people who believed in me all this time I'd sold a book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I got the first email from LSB, I totally jumped up from my chair and squeeed. Then called everyone and no one was home. At that time my mom didn't know what I wrote. But I needed to tell someone so I called her, bouncing in my kitchen like I was six and Santa had come twice.

Every writer should have that feeling.

Marie Tuhart said...

You're right, Jenna every writer should have that feeling, not matter what.

Thanks for stopping by.