Monday, August 16, 2010

Balancing Act Get Tricky

Last week I mentioned that it's a delicate balancing act with writing and working a full time job. There are weeks this balancing act gets tricky.

Last week was that way. Thing went a bit out of control at the day job, so I had to fight each day to make sure I took my lunch time, and did what I need to do around my writing.

With a full-time job, I use my lunch time to write or edit, or whatever is going on that I need to do related to my writing. When I have to fight for my lunch time, it makes me nervous, that is because I'm becoming over extended at the day job.

When this happens, I have to force myself to take a step back and decide what can wait on the day job and what can't. I have to do the same with my writing.

It's not easy to do, I hate to let things slide including this blog, which happened during June and July this year. But I'm working on figuring out a better schedule that works for me. It's not always easy, there are only so many hours in the day.

No comments: