Friday, October 22, 2010

Is it Piracy?

I usually don't do this, but I really feel this is important.

A few months ago Dorchester announced they were no longer doing mass market paperbacks and re-organizing into e-book and trade books only. I found out today that there's more to the story.

Smart Bitches posted a blog, click here to read it. And please do read it, it explains what is happening to some of the Dorchester authors. One author has explained it's not about money but about the principle and business.

She's right, in my opinion, writing is a business and if we authors don't treat it as such it invites more issues like what some of the Dorchester authors are experiencing.

I've never done business with Dorchester, I have met the editor Chris and former editor Leah. I agree the editor doesn't have much control over what the publisher is doing. Except to quit his job.

Dorchester looks like a sinking ship to me.

No comments: