Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Monday...Again

It seems like time is flying and I have nothing to show for it.

I've had a busy beginning of June, finally closed on my new home, rushed to empty my SUV of all the stuff I drove to the new house, then filled my sister's SUV with everything we bought and emptied it at the new house.

I'm so thankful for my sister, she's been helping me with the house since the beginning.  It all started last Sept. when I took my yearly family trip to see my sister.  Knowing I was going to retired from the day job this year, I knew I it would be easier to move now than down the road.  And since my Mom will be living with me I also knew I needed a ranch style house.  Her house has stairs now and it's killing us both.

We found a new complex of houses going in, toured the one I liked, made some modifications and there was the sale.  There were a series of delays, but finally last week I closed on the new home.  My sister sent me pictures at every stage of the building, and even now she's going out there putting in area rugs, waiting for furniture deliveries, etc.

I owe my sister big time for all her work.  She's enjoying herself, she couldn't wait until the house was mine so she could go in and clean (Yes, my sister is strange) but also so she could put things away we had stored in her garage, and decorate (what little I'll let her).

Now comes the big job, cleaning out my Mom's house, packing what we're taking with us and moving it.  This is a good move for me and my Mom.  I will have my own office to do my writing, and an actually library  as well.

I need to get back onto a schedule and that will come next week.  This week I still have a lot of little things to do.

Have a good week.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Marie, congrats on your new home! You have tons to "show" for June. Buying a house (and selling the old one) is not for the faint of heart. :)

You'll get back on on track!