Monday, June 29, 2015

A Writer Keeps Learning

One of the things I've always found interesting is when I hear other writer say they don't attend workshops because there is nothing new for them to learn.

I don't feel that way.  I attend workshops and online classes because I feel there is always something for me to learn.  While some classes I may only get one or two things from it, I still learn something.

In the last few months I've been to classes on emotion, sagging middles, great beginnings, world building and now on the dynamics of a BDSM relationship.

I've picked up new concepts and ideas from all of these.  And they do go a long way in helping me improve my writing.

Sometimes I don't see where I'm making mistakes as I'm writing, but by attending these workshop or classes, I begin to see where I can make improvements.

To me there is always something to be learned no matter what.

Have a great week.

No comments: