Monday, June 6, 2011

Guest Blogger: Randi Alexander



Today, I'm very please to have Randi Alexander as my guest blogger she will talk about herself and her new release Chase and Seduction.

Welcome Randi!!

Tell us a little about yourself:

Hi Marie, thank you so much for hosting me today. I've been writing romance for ab

out four years, and in the last year, I've fallen in love with erotic romance. Especially, cowboys. Even though I'm a city girl, I have wild fantasies about men in Stetsons and boots, and I use these daydreams to create characters and plots for my books. My first book, Chase and Seduction was released May 27 from The Wild Rose Press' Cowboy Kink line.

What do like the most and the least about writing?

I love being able to find a story in my own mind, create plot twists and character quirks, and write really hot love scenes. I like to dream up a story a

nd just let it flow onto the paper (well, laptop, actually.) And it's so much fun to go back to a story after a month or two, and say, "Did I write that? Wow!" Sometimes I surprise myself.

The only thing I don't like is that, for a writer, there is no end to what can be done. There are always blogs to frequent or write, marketing to do, Facebooking to catch up on, and the ever-present blank screen that needs filling. But it's important to take a

break, connect with family and friends, exercise, go outside, have fun. And even more important to not feel guilty about not being at your computer!

Give us a peek into your latest published work?

Country music superstar/actor Chase Tanner has yet to be denied anything–and he’s never wanted anything or anyone more than gorgeous screenplay writer Reno Linden. So when the film they are working on is finally finished, Chase decid

es to turn up the volume on seducing Reno.

Reno Linden lived a quiet, rural life until she was thrust into the Hollywood scene when her book was adapted to film. Chase Tanner is larger than life, sinfully sexy and hell-bent on getting her into bed. Skittish after a failed wedding engagement, Reno risks the plunge into Chase’s arms, and is surprised that her good girl self can keep up with bad boy Chase.

Though Chase returns to his cowboy roots often, and Reno cherishes the time spent with him on his ranch, the two find their careers pulling them in d

ifferent directions. Will their attraction survive the glitz and stress of fame?

What’s next on the writing horizon for you?

My cowgirl romance novella, One Tast of You, has finaled in the Passionate Ink’s Stroke of Midnight Contest. The winner will be announced at the Passionate Ink Party at the Romance Writers of America’s National Conference in New York City on J

une 29. Wish me luck! (Congratulations Randi)

I'm working on an outline for another book for the Cowboy Kink line, about a bull rider and a nanny. Two rather opposite occupations, requiring very different personalities.

Is there anything you want to tell readers?

To celebrate the release of Chase and Seduction, I'm giving away, to one lucky *commenter, an e-copy of my novella Her Cowboy Stud. Just leave

a comment today and we'll choose a winner tomorrow. *Commenter must be 18 years of age or older to win.



I'm also giving away a cowgirl hat to one subscriber to my newsletter. For more details, and to sign up for this contest, please go to my website, RandiAlexander.com And while you're there, you can read the first chapter of Chase and Seduction.

Excerpt of Chase and Seduction:

Chase grabbed Reno’s arm and rushed her out of the building. As the door closed behind him, he said, “I get damn uncomfortable when women cry.”

Reno kept her head down and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

He stopped and bent to look at her face. “Aw, not you, too!”

She giggled. “It was just so touching.”

“Baby, you’re a sensitive soul.”

“Me?” She smiled. “I’m sensitive? You’re the one who did all this.” She gestured to the bar. “Singing and giving the hat off your head to people you don’t know—”

He shook his head and started walking. “It’s the least I could do. It was nothing.”

She jogged to catch up. Was he embarrassed to be caught doing something nice? He did a lot for others. She read a story about him, way back when they were casting the movie, that talked about the domestic shelters Chase sponsored. Hundreds of them in cities across the US, in honor of his mother. Lacing her fingers into his, she said, “I was proud to be with you tonight.”

He ran his hand through his hair and looked at her. “I’m glad you came with. People treat me different mostly, and it gets old.”

“Lonely.”

He unlaced their fingers and put his arm around her. “Yeah.” Helping her into the truck, he kissed her fingers. “But not anymore.” Their gazes fused, and Reno felt her chest expanding, as if her soul linked with his.

As he closed the door and walked around the hood, she whispered, “And never again, Chase."

Buy Chase and Seduction at The Wild Rose Press Wilder Roses

Good luck, and thank you!

Randi

RandiAlexander.com

WildAndWickedCowboysBlog


10 comments:

April Vine said...

Hi Marie and Randi :)

Great to meet you, Randi :) Love the sound of Chase and Seduction!
Extra good luck with your contest! Hope you win!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, April! The final-round judge is an editor, and I'm excited to hear what she thinks of my writing. Thanks for dropping by today.

Marie Tuhart said...

Good morning, Randi.

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi April,

Thanks for stopping by. Randi's book is so hot.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie, thanks for the "hot" label. It's a great compliment coming from you, the Queen of Hot Novels ;-}) I'm excited to be here today, and I look forward to chatting with your readers.

Isabel said...

Hi Randi! Congrats on the release of your new book and finaling at Passionate Ink! Wishing you good luck and good vibes. :)

Chase and Reno's story sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Isabel. I'm feeling the good vibes coming my way!!!

Jen B. said...

A bull rider and a nanny? Intriguing!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm so glad you're intrigued! And since it's for the Cowboy Kink line, I'm working on a really interesting 'kink' for them, too. *giggle*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, April Vine! You were chosen by Random.org as the winner of my e-novella Her Cowboy Stud. Please contact me at Randi@RandiAlexander.com to claim your prize.

Thank you, Marie, for letting me take over your blog for a day, and thanks to everyone who stopped by to read my post.