Friday, March 5, 2010

Welcome to Sloane Taylor


Today, I have a guest, Sloane Taylor.

Hi, Marie, thanks for having me out today. I'm looking foward to your grilling, er - I mean chatting with you. :)

Tell us a bit about yourself, Sloane.

I'm a sensual woman who believes humor and sex are healthy aspects of our everday lives which carry over into my books.

My stories are set in Europe where the men are all males and the North American women they encounter are both feminine and strong. As a true romantic, my women bring more than lust to their men's lives.

I was born and raised in Chicago. Studly, my non-husband and mate for life, and I split our time between a home in Illinois and a weekend cottage on the back roads of Indiana...or you can catch up with me as I travel through Europe, researching new material.

Tell us what kind of stories/books you write?

My books are sexually explicit romance novels with happy endings. Now isn't that a surprise? LOL. I write wit a touch of humor while my villains border on the dark side. It's a lot of fun coming up with new ways to be mean.


Tell us how long you've been writing?


In truth it hasn't been all that long, only six years. In that time I've learned a great deal and have been fortunate to be with two excellent publishers, Amber Quill Press and Aspen Mountain Press.


Tell us about your typical writing day?

When I'm not being lazy, I'm at the keyboard by 7 a.m. with a steaming cup of coffee and a fuzzy brain. First, I write a full to-do list, which rarely gets completed. Yes, Marie, I'm anal. LOL. All emails are answered, then it's promo time on the loops and another well deserved coffee. Around 10 I start back with the current story and work until 1 when I break fro lunch. After, emails are answered and it's back to writing/editing until about 5 when Studs gets home. With this kind of schedule you'd think I'd have hundreds of books ready to publish. Not.


Tell us about your Men of Munich series?

Six years ago all these silent movies started racing through my brain. I had to write them down or go crazy. The first book in the series, published through Aspen Mountain Press, is TEDDY TURNS ON, a 2009 EPPIE Finalist. Here's a blurb:

No one's going to take advantage of Teddi Howard again, including the Munich tour operator who screwed her over when he reneged on their contract. Her only option is to face the little weasel.

Nothing stands in the way of the prominent, German businessman David Stiefle, especially a woman. No way is he ever getting involved, even if she is the sensual Mrs. Howard.

LONNIE HEATS UP is the second installment.

Lost in the Austrian Alps, psychologist Lonnie Copley is forced to accept help from a Hell's Angel wannabe. She never expected to be trapped with the Aryan god in a deserted Castle Flophouse.

Disgusted with cleaning up his client's dirty lives, attorney Wolfe Deider is in major career thrones. He doesn't need some insolent woman mucking up his mind, even if she does have a mouth made for kissing.

FRANCINE ON FIRE is number three.

Francine Daniels doesn't trust men. Not since two husbands and a con artist ruined her life. After years of struggle - during which she took back control and soared to new heights - there is no place in her plans for a German hottie...Even if she does burst into flames at his touch.

Heicke Brewer already made one disastrous trip down the aisle, and never plans to go this route again. He prefers the parade of international beauties lined up outside his bedroom door to enjoy his 'satisfaction guaranteed' reputation...Until he meets an American pixie to hot not to handles.

Last but not least is ISABELLA IGNITES

Jet setter Isabella Carrington has it all, fame, heart-stopping looks, and carte blanche over every man she meets, except one. Staid accountant Rhineholdt Hoffman proves to be immune to her charms. Until on ehot Venetian night.

Rhineholdt came to Venice to escape a lift that holds no meaning. He's sworn off sex until a chance encounter with the luscious Isabella. Their heated affair sets the City of Bridges on fire and forces him to face the fears holding him back.

So what does a woman who has everything, except the right man, do for fun? Come...Take a peek behind Isabella's bedroom done.

You can see this was a fun series to write. :)


Tell us about your current release?

FRENCH TART is the first in a five book series, again from Aspen Mountain Press. Here's a blurb to tempt you:

Determined to prove herself and shed her party girl image, Donatienne Dubious pins her hopes on the exclusive cooking school in Nice, France. One by one her expectations are shattered by a foul-mouthed parrot, a bogus Michelin chef, and a headmistress with a heart of tungsten steel. Her lifesaver is a bad boy hunk too hot not to handle.

Sebastien Reinhard is incognito, hating every minute. To pose as a student while protecting a rich wild child is his version of hell, until he partners with the slice of Creme Brule good enough to eat.

Class takes on a whole new meaning as Doni and Sebastien heat up the kitchen when they discover honey has better uses than sweetening tea.


Anything else you want to tell us?

I'd like to invite your readers to visit me at my website and check out the What's Cooking section under Fun Stuff. I'm an avid cook and love to share recipes. You can also find me on Facebook and My Space. I love to hear from people so please feel free to email me through my website with any questions or comments. I'll be sure to answer you.

Thanks for sharing your world, Sloane.

Thank you again, Marie. This has been great.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful interview, Marie! Sloane, I adore your Men of Munich series, I loved each one of your heroes, especially Holt. Yow! You sure can singe the ol' eyeballs with your smokin' hot love scenes. Have a great weekend, ladies.

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for stopping by. Don't you just love Sloane's books.

Isabel said...

Congratulations on your new book, Sloane. I intrigued by the premises of your books, especially your new one, French Tart. You've been writing for six years now, can you share your "the call" story?

Thanks,
Isabel

Sloane Taylor said...

Hi Melissa,You're making me blush. lol. Glad you like my work and thanks for coming out today.

Sloane Taylor said...

Hi Isabel, Thank you and super happy my books draw you! Do you mean when my first contract was offered? If so, I admit I was at the computer in my ratty old green bathrobe, reading emails when a new one popped up offering a contract. I shot out of my chair whooping and danced around the room like a wild woman. Glad no one could see me. Took about 15 minutes before I was calm enough to reply I accept.:)

Isabel said...

Do you mean when my first contract was offered?

Yes! That's right, thanks for sharing. I'm fascinated by "the call" stories. :) Especially your, which came when you were least expecting it. What a great, unforgettable moment.

BTW, I love covers, and French Tart's is so perfect.

Thanks for answering my question.

Isabel

Sloane Taylor said...

You're welcome, Isabel! And thank you for asking.:)

Sam Cheever said...

Hey Sloane!

Loving the new book. I want a parrot like Pierre of my very own. I could use him to scare off solicitors at my house. Snort! Best of luck with the new book, it's definitely a keeper!