Monday, March 22, 2010

Where does the time go

I'm usually very good at managing my time, but lately it seems like it's getting more and more unmanageable.

I've lost track of self-imposed deadlines, material I'm should be sending out to conferences, contest entries, housework, etc.

It's been a struggle to get back on track, this week I managed some success, I wrote all week but one day, and I finished up the last of the edits on the work in progress, and it now sits in the hands of my critique partners. I still have to write the synopsis and query this week. I've been keeping up with the household bills, emails, blogs and even managed to chop down the knee high weeds in the back yard.

This week I'm determined to get back on schedule. I'll finish judging the contest entries I have and send them back, start work on the the other work in progress so I can get it ready to submit, exercise and keep up with everything else. But in order to do this I have to managed my time very carefully.

That means I can't play when I get home from the day job, it means getting everything done before I play any computer games, it means I have to be strict with myself and do what I need to do, not what I want to do.

I can do it, I've done it before.

What can you do this week? What have you been putting off that really needs to be done?

No comments: