Monday, March 8, 2010

Excerpt from FRENCH TART

Friday, I had an interview with Sloane Taylor celebrating her new release FRENCH TART, today here is an excerpt.

"Ooh la la, Mademoiselle, voulze-vous a la baise?"

Donatienne's running shoes squeaked to a halt on the cracked, gray linoleum. Fuck him? She didn't fuck just anyone, especially if she didn't know his name.

"Not unless you have more money than I could ever dream of, you pig." She refusted to turn back toward the crackly voice.

"What? Is your pussy made of gold?"

She gritted her teeth. Insolent bastard.

"Yes, it is. And equipped with a set of rusty fangs to rip off anything that tries to get inside." Smartass answers weren't her best first impression at the haute cuisine cooking school she'd waited so long to attend. She had to shake the lowlife who thought he could get away with insults before Chef tossed her out.

Ignore him. Just keep moving. Doni straightened her shoulders and walked past the double door refrigerator.

"Perhaps you prefer to give Pierre a blow job. He would make it worth your time." A cackle filled the air. "Come on, baby. You know you want me, you slut."

The fine hairs at the nape of her neck jumped to attention. Doni whirled around, swinging out her arm. She launched her heavy tote at the dumpy man in the splattered apron planted in front of the stainless steel stove.

Ooof.

A satisfying sound to Doni's ears as her bag connected with his diaphragm and he buckled.

She sprinted a dozen steps toward him, punching air until her fists mashed into his doughy flesh. He shot out his hands. She dodged to the right, away from his reach. Her feet slipped on the waxed floor. Flailing her arms, she grabbed for anything handy. Crash. A white cloud billowed up , blinding her. They fell to the floor with Doni on top, tangled in a mass of apron and legs.

"Protect your balls. Protect your balls. The slut is crazy."

Great excerpt Sloane. To buy FRENCH TART simply click here.

8 comments:

Sarah Grimm said...

I love the excerpt, Sloane!

Sloane Taylor said...

Thanks, Sarah! And I absolutely love NOT WITHOUT RISK! Now that's a book everyone should read.

nicci_carrera said...

Fun excerpt, Sloane. I love the scene.

Nicci

Isabel said...

Sloane, that was a fantastic and fun excerpt! I love it. I like Doni right away. She's my kind of gal. :)

I.

Sloane Taylor said...

Thanks, Nicci and Isabel. It was a fun book to write!

Unknown said...

Doni is a great heroine. I totally loved this story because Sloane writes with the best sense of humor.

Sloane Taylor said...

Hi Melissa, I'm glad you like Doni. She's one of my favorites, too. I never intend to write with humor so it has to be my three crazy critique partners who bring it out.:)

Sloane Taylor said...

We have a winner! Isabel, will you please email me sloanetaylor @ comcast . net (no spaces). Thanks, S