Monday, August 22, 2011

The Learning Continues

I've learned, I can never stop learning.

As funny as that sounds, I find that no matter how many times I've heard a workshop topic, or ask someone questions about something, I can always learn something news.

For those of you who read my books, I have a very light BDSM theme in my erotic romance books. So when the chance to take some classes give by Dr. Charley Ferrer was given to me, I jumped at it.

And I've learned so much and I'm not even half way through the classes yet. This made me realize, there is always something new to learn in writing.

I've heard other writers say "there's nothing new for me to learn." But I've never taken that attitude. In order to keep your writing fresh, your perspective new and keep the brain active, you need to look at things in a new way, or at least that's how I feel.

Just by taking these few classes, the ideas for more books are bouncing around in my brain. I have characters wanting me to tell their stories next (so many characters so little time.) And I'm loving every second of this, because it tells me I'm on the right track.

If you curious about the BDSM world let me recommend two books for you, both written by Dr. Charley Ferrer.

BDSM The Naked Truth - this is for anyone interested in what the BDSM lifestyle is
BDSM for Writers - this is for writers

As I writer I'm finding both fascinating and helping me portray my characters more realistically.

Have a great week.

No comments: