Friday, August 12, 2011

Rachel Leigh Visiting


Today fellow Wild Rose Press author Rachel Leigh is visiting telling us about her new release and a bit about her life.

Welcome Rachel.

Tell us a little about yourself:

I live in the UK with my husband of thirteen years and two daughters, 12 and 10. My first venture into erotica was writing short stories for a national UK magazine and then I decided I wanted to write longer stories and an online friend introduced me to erotic romance novellas. I've never looked back!

What do like the most and the least about writing?

Least - Plotting! It always takes longer than I like to get a book set in my mind, when all I want is to get on with the writing. I am a mix of plotter and pantser and usually have a rough idea where I want the story to go but end up writing the beginning three or four times until the characters become clear and I know where they want to go.

Most - The email saying a publisher wants to contract it!

Give us a peek into your latest published work?

My latest story is released today by The Wild Rose Press, yay!! Here's the blurb for "Coming Back"

Kelly Hampton loved once...and lost. After two years of looking for Sean McKenzie in other men--and failing miserably--she takes a vow of celibacy. No sex until she finds love. Then Sean strolls back into her bar, reigniting old flames. No one has come close to understanding or satisfying her like he did. Her body burns for the passion they once shared, but her heart still remembers the pain.

Sean escaped Jessop Hill and his father's fists in the middle of the night without a word--even to his love, Kelly--to protect his battered mother, but he never forgot the explosively erotic relationship he left behind. Now his father is dead and Sean is back for the only woman he's ever wanted. Their reunion is full of fire – but can sexual attraction and noble intentions overcome years of heartache or will Kelly walk away to protect her heart this time.

What’s next on the writing horizon for you?

I have just started my third novella, tentatively called "Greek Gratification" - it has a British hero and heroine but set in the Greek island of Zante where I holidayed a few years ago. This one is all about new beginnings and letting go of the past before you can find something new…oh, and with some hot discovery in between too! ; )

Is there anything you want to tell readers?

I'd like readers to know that every Tuesday & Thursday I have guest erotic romance author either blogging or being interviewed on my blog and we'd love to see you there! Here's the links where you can find my blog & me…
www.rachelleighromance.blogspot.com
www.rachelleigh.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Leigh/266044849655

Here's an excerpt for Rachel's new release:

The stranger…all the massive height and width of him kept walking ever closer without as much as a blip to his stride. Kelly stared and when his gaze met hers, recognition hit her between the eyes like a demolition ball. Her breath caught and her heart picked up speed. No. No, it couldn’t be. Swallowing hard, she lifted her chin and crossed her arms to hide the shaking in her hands. He looked away from her, casually taking in his surroundings as he continued to approach the bar. No, she was wrong, it couldn’t be him.

This was a potentially dangerous situation. She was alone, and the guy was built like a Trojan warrior. Instinctively, she inched her hand below the bar and curled her fingers around one of the three aluminum baseball bats dotted beneath it at four feet spaces. Any funny stuff and this arrogant son of bitch wouldn’t know what hit him.

He reached the bar, shook the rain from his dark blonde hair, spattering the polished wood of the bar and looked straight into Kelly’s eyes.

Oh, shit. It was him. Her heart turned over. “Sean?” she croaked.

His smile was slow, sexy and completely irresistible – and Kelly promptly trembled with the effort it took not to leap over the bar and slam his face between her breasts.


Thank you for joining us today, Rachel.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read Rachel's work and love it.