Saturday, April 9, 2016

My Sexy Day by Marie Tuhart #mysexysaturday

It's that time again for My Sexy Saturday.

This week's theme: My Sexy Day

This week I did 7 paragraphs.  This is from More Than One Night and the closest I get to Chic Lit.  Beth is out for a night with her girlfriends when the hero walks in and make Beth's world spin out of control.

            “Hey, Beth.” Karen waved her hand, with perfectly manicured nails, in front of her face.  

            “Yeah.” She faced her friends who were all staring at her. “What?”

            The three women laughed.

            “Come on, Beth,” said Carla, Beth’s best friend and co-worker. “You were gazing at the man as if he were an ice cream cone in the middle of a heat wave.”

            Beth bit her lower lip, knowing her cheeks turned pink. “Hey, I’m a grown woman, aren’t I?” But she couldn’t explain to herself why she was tempted to forget her rules and get to know this man better.

            Was she lonely? No, she dismissed the thought of loneliness from her mind. A date wasn’t a cure for what ailed her, not that she knew what ailed her, except this restless feeling nagging her and her heart being empty.

            “It’s about time you unlocked the panty drawer,” said Theresa, slapping her palm on the table.     

I hope you've enjoyed this week's My Sexy Saturday.  Don't forget to check out all the other my sexy bloggers this week.



No comments: