Monday, May 16, 2016

What I've been up to by Marie Tuhart

I realized I hadn't posted an update on my writing in a while, so I thought it was time.

March was a busy month, I came back from Wild Wicked Weekend at the end of February, had lots of fun, but was exhausted.  After I recovered, one of my critique partners told me of a call from Harlequin Desire.

Harlequin has always been my dream publisher, so I read about the call and thought I can do this.  Most of March was taken up with whipping three chapters and synopsis into shape to send to them.  I sent it before I left for my conference at the end of March.  Now I had to wait until the end of April to see if they wanted more.  And thankfully they gave time if they did.

After attending the BDSM Writers Conference and having a house guest, it was already the end of the first week in April.  I sat down and looked at what needed to be accomplished.

I wanted to get my short story published on Amazon, so after doing some edits, I had it copy edited by a good friend as well as myself, and with a writer friends help learned how to upload to Amazon.

His Game, His Rules is currently on sale only at Amazon for .99 cents - and is in the Kindle Unlimited program.

I went back to work on my Real Men Wear Kilts book, but it was slow going.  In the back of my mind was the Harlequin call.  It really messes with a writers mind when waiting for news.

Toward the end of April, my editor from The Wild Rose Press, let me know we're going to contract on 2 books - Dom's of the Silver Screen: Michael and Dom's of the Silver Screen: Adam.  Michael is a novella, and Adam is a full novel.  Adam's book is one of those books of the heart, I wrote it years ago and it could never find a home.  When I wrote Michael's book, I realized I wanted Adam's story to be told.  So I pulled it out, polished it up and sent it to my editor.  So now I eagerly wait edits.

On April 30th, I got an email from Harlequin.  Now most writers understand, this is nerve racking because you want to open it but are nervous because what if they tell you they hate it.  Well...the want to see the full manuscript.  I think I happy danced all day.  Actually, I spent all day on line with one of my critique partners, as we were waiting for her feedback, and email with my other two critique partners. By the end of the day we all had our answers, and our nerves were shot. Three request for full manuscripts and one rejection.

Now it's May.  I've been working once again on my Real Men Wear Kilts book as I need to finish it up so I can move on to other work.  I plan on having another self-published short story out in July, along with writing the Harlequin Desire book and submitting my Real Men Wear Kilts book to my editor.

I have a very busy year planned and I have a goal to be at by the end of June, so I need to keep the butt in the chair and write.

Have a great week.

No comments: